See the proposed timeline and traffic impacts to N. Chadbourne below.
Proposed timeline for N. Chadbourne Street Project (subject to potential weather delays)
- January: Prep work of roadway – adjusting utility valves and manholes.
- February: The majority of the work will stop due to the San Angelo Stock Show occurring. Some minor work may occur during this time, but traffic will not be greatly affected.
- March: Road resurfacing will begin. The goal is to have it completed by the end of March so that N. Chadbourne is ready for the 2024 San Angelo Rodeo in April.
- April: The majority of the work will stop due to the Rodeo occurring. Some minor work may occur during this time, but traffic will not be greatly affected.
- May-October: Intersections, valves, and manholes will be worked on during this time. The official project end date for the entire project is October 2024.
The North Chadbourne roadway project begins Monday, Jan. 8. Traffic will be impacted during non-peak hours in order for the contractor to adjust utility valves and manholes in preparation for road resurfacing. At least one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction for the duration of the project. The closures will be localized to where crews are performing work and will be relatively short in duration. Businesses within these road closures are open and access to them will be maintained. Future closures will be announced when available Intermittent road closures
- Where: North Chadbourne both directions from 7th Street to 43rd Street.
When: Road construction begins Monday, Jan. 8.
The project will include stabilization of the roadway base layer and concrete improvements at the approaches of driveways, intersections and gutters.
The project will be utilizing a method called full-depth reclamation (FDR) which was recently used along Rio Concho Drive with success. This method should provide a more robust roadway with enhanced longevity across the entire corridor.